Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel has made Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling a priority in the list of players to sign this summer.
The new owner of the club, the Todd Boehly consortium has kept aside £200 million for the manager to reinforce his team, heading into the transfer window.
The Premier League Board on Tuesday gave approval for Todd Boehly’s consortium to complete their takeover of Chelsea.
The sale is now expected to go through imminently, ending the restrictions which have been in place since Abramovich was sanctioned.
The Telegraph reports that Chelsea boss has told the new owners that they must be ready to invest heavily in the transfer market to close the gap between the club and Liverpool and Manchester City and Boehly is ready to back his manager.
The Telegraph says that Chelsea will look to spend around £200m this summer – though some of that budget will come from player sales.
While defence is the area Tuchel will prioritise first, following the departure of Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudiger, the German coach is very keen to improve his attacking options too.
And the report says that Tuchel has identified City winger, Sterling as a good attacking option.
The 27-year-old England international has one year left on his contract with Pep Guardiola’s side and has previously intimated that he could leave the club, having been a peripheral figure in the first half of the season.